Ticker Tape Timer!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The joys of parenthood

...and yes, I really mean joys.

While I worry about Jonathan and how things will work out (a little), I also am enjoying my time with him. Even with the lack of unbroken sleep, each day I fall a little more in love with my son. Each day brings a new little accomplishment or joy that even BJ smiles at. He's smiling more, and he holds his head up REALLY well. He is scooting about with his legs when lying on Sean or I (and four inches on the floor when he did his tummy time yesterday!), and he recognizes us. As soon as we pick him up when he's crying (which isn't often, by the way), he calms down with Sean and I (and Mary, too). He's sleeping more at night (but not all the way through yet), and he's so alert and focusing on stuff. Just this morning, Sean had him on his chest while playing his gameboy and Jonathan turned around into a little ball like a cat and looked at the gameboy screen with Sean. I so wish I had caught a picture! He grabs onto stuff and puts his binky in his mouth by himself (so much easier on me!).
I just am enjoying seeing him explore his new little world!

No comments:

Post a Comment